Monday, February 13, 2012

February 9th, 2012



I've decided that I ought to stop stealing my brother Marlowe's blog and start one of my own. Now I can talk about my life without feeling guilty about taking his blogging time.

My name is Wren Arriety Book, and I'm a Borrower-- yes, a Borrower from those books. I used to live in the woods far away. One day I was out to get water from the pond and a big mean crow picked me up! I think he was going to eat me! I used all my strength and pulled a feather out! He dropped me and I ran away. I ran under a big bush and waited until he went away.

I started crying. I didn't know what to do! I never walked very far away from my home, so I didn't know what to do! How far away did he take me? Where was my home? Suddenly I heard talking.


"Hello, little girl," the voice said. I looked up and saw a big girl! "I won't hurt you," she said soothingly. "My name's Adelaide," she said, smiling.

"I'm Wren," I told her. "Where am I?" I plopped back down on the ground. "A crow brought me here. I've never been away from home!"

"It's okay," she said. "This is my house," she said, pointing behind her to a huge house. "I live here with my Mama and a lot of my friends." She reached down and held her hand out. "Mama will know what to do," she said. "You want me to bring you up to her?" I nodded, and climbed up her arm.
To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment